View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 04:15 PM   #52
ArtilleryMoped

Default Re: Superhero Character Idea Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
Something else to bear in mind is cost. WC skills are very expensive - 24 points to get it at, in this case, IQ and they are incompatible with Talents. So at 11 IQ it will be quite an investment.

Also, take a look at the inventing/gadgeteering rules in the Basic Set. You need your inventing skills to be at least 15 (more likely 18 since it sounds like your gear will be Complex or even Amazing complexity) and ,unless you go for Quick Gadgeteer, you will need an astounding amount of cash.

Here's some good news, though.

You've bought your gadgets with points. That means one of two things:

1) You don't need Gadgeteering; you just need a story to justify having your toys and possibly, as I mentioned before, Knows a Gadgeteer [15], or

2) Take all of the points you have in your toys, Gadgeteer, tech skills, and Gunslinger and Enhanced Dodge, a total of 170 points (though you'll probably want to keep Mechanic and possibly a few others like Comp Prog) and buy:

Quick Gadgeteer [50]
Inventor! -18 [108]
High TL +1 [5]

Then go Through Ultra-Tech for all the neat TL 10 stuff you can "invent": HEX suit, vibroblades (up to Armour divisor (10) and a contragravity belt.

If he doesn't allow High TL, settle for Monowire blade and powered combat armour, and a helipack.

The GM will probably balk at the DR; be willing to negotiate.

With QG you shouldn't need Wealth though a little wouldn't hurt.

Edit: Sorry, missed the LC issue and the lean, not strong. This gives you a basis - keep the enhanced ST and drastically drop the DR for a leaner suit; that should also help with the LC.
Whoop, didn't see your reply. I'm gonna link an updated Character Sheet. I moved some points around and took away quick Gadgeteer. I have 8 points left. If you can skim it and see how effective I'll be, keep in mind, I plan on increasing my Inventor! stuff with the moved points.

https://gyazo.com/6ec6fb52a188a3b0226763b373b15ddb

Just wanted to show the current status of my equipment, and my points. Again, I'm going for a Batman-esque hero, who's more lean and agile, and has a thruster pack similar to that of a Titanfall pilot. My only problem is that my Party is all a bunch of Min/Max kinda guys who power themselves ridiculously, so i'm under-classed comparatively and was trying to power myself up. It's just because they don't usually get Social Skills, or Tech Skills or something. It's usually all combat oriented skills and advantages.

Also does anyone have experience with creating A.I. or Hacking programs where the program/A.I. makes a skill roll and not you? Sorta Techie heist movie style? Where it can do things like hack surveillance or track targets too?

Also got rid of guns all together. Freed up points. Updated sheet. https://gyazo.com/3b23a9d45e235e4268d2c9b8048331f7

Last edited by ArtilleryMoped; 08-24-2016 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Update!
ArtilleryMoped is offline   Reply With Quote