View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #49
Harry O'Gane

Default Re: [OOC] The Marching Storm

Okay, here's a big post regarding all of your replies. Forgive me for all the *snips*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Kobold
*snip* Hence my asking.
Ah yes, I wasn't sure since I had no books. Yeah, I guess it's okay. I won't go really heavy on basic rules, only Mass Combat will have a lot of details. Therefore, details such as that shouldn't concern you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech
*snip* Anyway on to finalizing the character sheet, finishing the back-story and grabbing equipment. *snippethulhu* I CAN switch to low-tech if you want. *snip*
Great. Finish up your backstory and equipment and you're ready to roll. And yes, you're free to use Low-Tech if you really want to. Although I did not have it planned for use. Believe me, going too much into detail won't be that necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Fox
*snippity* I have made a few changes to the character, some more changes might still need to happen, for instance he has no wealth to support his status, so is it OK with you for him to be "living below" his status as the book says? (i think it would work for the character anyway as i sort of want him to reject his nobility slightly, and living on less than lavish means would suit that idea nicely, plus 150 points starts to stretch thin with wealth status and rank), also when you say he needs to have a couple of people under him do you want me to buy them as allies? *snappity*
Yes, having status but not the wealth is perfectly fine. You'll see why once I send you the PM regarding the main PC. What I will send is a portion of your backstory. You may add whatever you want to after my story.

You do not specifically need to buy those men as allies. They are employed and you act as a commander. You have a high rank and may command them on the basis of simply having the rank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher
How many Mercenary Allies should I tak eto make it significant? 6-10? 20-50? Anymore than that makes it cost prohibitive. I would just rather say he is currently without a mercenary troop since his last troop was lost due to a combination of deaths and deserters after their last battle. Perhaps they were in the conflict with the reptilemen that took Blythe? He and a few others escaped but have since disbanded. One of his goals would be to rebuild his army.
About 10 seems legit. The whole bunch of them could make one element of... let's say Medium Infantry with TS 3, of Basic equipment and Average troop quality.

You're free to use this piece of story you mentioned about Blythe, though. However, if you took them as still living and under your command, that would be neat. It's your choice in the end.

The IC Thread will start as soon as I send you all the briefing PM regarding the current situation you will be faced with once the game starts, the knowledge your characters have, and some names and notes you might find valuable. If you have read the PM, you're elligible to join the game. Note that all of you will get the PM at approximately the same time.

Finish your backstories, so far I have Kobold's, zoncxs', Hannes' (although he is free to add more if he wishes too. Everyone can, that is). Grey_Fox is not obliged to give me the whole backstory, he'll get a portion of his after I publish this post. I have only a vague idea about Lamech's and Skullcrusher's backstories, but I believe they're on their way.

Any more questions, comments, criticisms? Feel free to ask whatever you wish to.

Marko
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote