View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 06:30 AM   #42
Epic Kobold

Default Re: [OOC] The Marching Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry O'Gane View Post
I'm at work now, don't have the book with me, but i think penetrating voice only gives +1 to hearing to anyone to hear you. it's just loud. Using Intimidation as such most of the times requires simply speaking loud. Gotta check.

Also, the common language in Caithness (and in most of the Yrth) is Anglish. However, I do know that reptile-men cannot take more than Accented level, not because of their mindset, but simply the inability to pronounce things right. It is possible to take it on Writen Native level, however.

Once again, gotta check the book, but I reckon they have some kind of native language, can't remember the name.

Marko
I shall bring the book to you.

Under "Reptile-Men" in Banestorm, PG 197
Quote:
Features: Can’t learn most other languages beyond the Accented level.
The word "other" tells me
1) they have a language, (though I cannot find it) and
2.)they're cool with their native one. Grok's native language is Anglish, but due to his reptilian face, speaks with an accent.

GURPS "accented" is more about grammar and syntax, but with an int of 12, Grok would have beat that years ago.

Under "Penetrating voice" in Basic Set: Characters, PG 101
Quote:
Penetrating Voice
You can really make yourself heard! In situations where you want to be heard over noise, others get a +3 to their hearing roll. At the GM's option, you get a +1 to Intimidate rolls if you surprise someone by yelling or roaring.
Hence my asking.