View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 04:06 AM   #20
Mercator

Default Re: Lord of the Rings Dwarf Template

Very nice writeups, Gavynn! I had some objections to the first version, but they were corrected in the second one.

I also think High Pain Treshold shoud be in there. I'd also add a level of Temperature Tolerance. It fits them nicely (it's a great advantage for metalworkers), and I recall that the Silmarillion mentions that the Dwarves were the only ones to stand up to Glaurung's fire in the Battle of Unumbered Tears, which would indicate that they were able to tolerate high temperatures in heavy armor.

I'd add the Quirk "Secretive" too, but they are too many of them already in the reacial template. Maybe a suggestion that it is a frequent personality trait among Dwarves?

EDIT: Dwarves should be Indomitable, but not with Cosmic. I'd reserve Cosmic for really powerful beings like the Maiar, who really have nothing to be afraid of. Tom Bombadil would be a good example. Gimli was quite afrad of the Balrog in Moria, for example; he was not immune to greed either.

Cheers,

M.

Last edited by Mercator; 02-08-2007 at 04:10 AM.
Mercator is offline   Reply With Quote