View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 07:00 PM   #1
El Ravager31

Default How to go about making an Ultra Tech Bow

So, I'm about to start running a campaign for several players. Its going to start off on Modern Day Earth, but will soon become a futuristic Space Campaign (or possibly an Infinite Worlds type campaign). One of my players wants his character to have Bow as his main weapon. He's going all in on this with Weapon Master (bow), Heroic Archer, Zen Archery and he's buying the strong bow perk to allow himself a higher STR bow.

Needless to say, the Ultra Tech book doesn't mention bows so I'm trying to put something together so that a futuristic bow would not be completely outmatched. I mean, a bow that's doing 2d damage (if a strong bow) is no match for any high tech weapon really.

That being said, I'm really having a bit of trouble with how to beef the bow up. So far, I'm thinking along the line of sonic impact arrows (that might allow a +1 die of dmg) with an armor divider, but I would love to hear some thought from anyone who might have considered this before. Could there be force arrows like the melee weapons and if so, what kind of damage bonus would they add and would a higher STR bow have in effect?
El Ravager31 is offline   Reply With Quote