View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 11:51 PM   #6
Daigoro

Default Re: [GAME] Incorporate a Cyberpunk Megacorp

Bookkeeping:
Sorry if I caused some confusion with my initial explanation. We're on the right track, but just to clear up two things:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I think you got the question mixed up; we're fleshing out one megacorporation, not several. I'll answer both anyway.
Correct. The MC questions are not about megacorps in general in the setting, but about fleshing out a single megacorp, which we now have defined as TIO (Technology Innovation Organization) dominant in South & Central America. So further MC questions should focus on aspects of this particular corporation, while STG questions can ask about the setting in general, including what's happening with other megacorps and who they are.

Secondly, for question numbering, I considered going with two separate number streams, but decided that it might cause confusion down the track. Instead, let's number MC and STG questions on the same axis, so that we can refer just to Question 17 instead of having to specify Q17 (STG) as different to Q17 (MC). The question numbers that have gone before should look like the below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbering fix
Q2[STG] --> Q3[STG]
What is the nature of the relationship between the largest corporations and governments?

Q2[MC] --> Q4[MC]
How many GigaCorps are there on Earth?

Q3[STG] --> Q5[STG]
Money. Are central banks still important, or do corporations issue scrip? Or maybe something else?

Q3[MC] --> Q6[MC]
Does Tio dominate any particular market niches or technologies? Or does it make up for not having any through sheer dominance in Latin America?

Question 4(5?) [MC] --> Q7[MC]
Is TIO one of the big three corporations or is it one of the more numerous merely vast corporations?

Q6 [STG] --> Q8[STG]
What was the most recent disaster (natural or man-made) to dominate popular dialog? Was it everything it seemed to be? How did it effect business?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
Question 9 [MC]
What's the standard issue firearm for corp-sec officers?
Q7 [MC] --> Q10[MC] How do corporate employees get around? Are the skyscrapers self contained or do workers need to commute significant distances?
And as my example question was included into the question stream, let's leave it at Q9 as above and make the latest question Q10. Next question is Question 11.

It might help if posters could go back and quickly edit question numbers. Thanks!
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote