Thread: Lilin
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 09:45 AM   #8
Dalin

Default Re: Lilin

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
You are probably right and it is true seductress monsters are not fun in dungeon delves. Mostly because the Dungeon Fantasy does not have mental hit points that a seductress monster could attack so you are left with just a resistance roll and of the PC fails he is under control of the monster or if the PC succeeds then the encounter turns into combat.
Have you tested out your mental hit points idea yet? I know you've talked about it a few times, so I'm curious how it works in play if you end up going with it. (I'm still of a mind that using FP is good enough to model the idea, or possibly reducing Will, but I always enjoy hearing about other house rules.)

As for seductresses and other charm monsters, I think they can work well when used in moderation, especially with good players. I've certainly played at tables where someone was charmed and everyone knew it but kept playing as if they didn't know. This can create a lot of fun tension. And, in the eventual combat, most players I know are happy to turn their abilities against their erstwhile companions for a little intra-party mayhem. Speaking for myself, my playstyle normally epitomizes a Sense of Duty toward my adventuring companions—I'm all about teamwork—but, if a demon possesses me, I'm 100% excited about trying my darndest to sow discord.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote