View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 11:38 AM   #35
Dichotomy

Default Re: Modular attributes?

Okay, so after all of the discussion, I have tried to describe the effect I'm looking for in a new ability for ease of reading, rather than calling it morph and listing all of the limitation math:

Quote:
Mutable form (The goblin may take 8 hours during which no strenuous mental or physical activity can be performed and fatigue can only be recovered at half rate to redistribute up to 20cp worth of attributes and/or secondary characteristics into other attributes/secondary characteristics. Cosmetic changes follow the rules and restrictions of elastic skin.) [20]

Special note: additional limitations and enhancements may not be applied to mutable form, except the following special enhancement which can be taken any number of times: More Mutable, increase the maximum number of cp that can be redistributed by 5. [5]
Please let me know if y'all think I'm crazy for considering allowing such a thing at such a price into my game.

The lore behind the ability that I'm looking to support is that they are highly adaptable as a species and VERY varied (all the way from kobolds to bugbears) but that changing, especially changing a LOT isn't something they do very often because it's a hassle.

Last edited by Dichotomy; 02-15-2020 at 11:42 AM.
Dichotomy is offline   Reply With Quote