View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 02:23 PM   #33
Dichotomy

Default Re: Modular attributes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataweaver View Post
Revising my last suggestion a bit:

Morph (cosmetic changes follow the rules and restrictions of Elastic Skin, -50%; trait changes are limited to a 20-point shift in attributes, -20%; minimum duration of 5 hours, -5%) [25]

Frankly, the main difficulty I'm running into here is in keeping it from becoming too cheap: the trait-shifting restriction could easily be worth far more than -20% (I could easily see it being worth -40%, -50%, or even -80%). The alternate takes on how to keep the attribute shifts from taking place more often than once every 5 hours are really with more than -5%. And even if you were to go with my initial suggestion of Mass Conservation and Retains Shape, that would only reduce the net discount by -10% compared to what I suggest here.
I think the trick to it being too cheap is that Morph requires you to shift to a specific, pre-existing template. To let you pick and mix and mdatch attributes as I want, that would require improvised forms, which someone mentioned costs +100%?

So say it takes an extended but non-strenuous effort to use- takes 8 hours and during that time you can only recover half as much FP for instance, and it has the effects as described, what would it cost someone to increase the range of the pool above 20 points as they advance?

Last edited by Dichotomy; 02-14-2020 at 02:28 PM.
Dichotomy is offline   Reply With Quote