View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 01:54 PM   #3
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [Mass Combat] High Purposes for Commanders

I'm comparing the options with raising strategy...

Each is just one extra point that boosts your leadership and reduces misfortunes of war. Which actually means you can raise your roll by 2, not just 1. In exchange you can only use it some of the time... Its not an obvious pick either way.

I think I like the basic categories. Assaulter and Stonewall look solid. The <Class> Commander looks good as well, though It feels a touch off that you have to have superiority to get a benefit from it. perhaps extending it to when you're equal.

Cunning Commander feels just a touch broad, like he's trying to cover both the raiding master and the tricky general parts.

Lead from the front feels like it cuts in too late. I suppose it gives +4 for -2 risk, but that's ALL it does. some way to beef it up would be nice.

Slow and steady is a great category, but the penalty won't stack well if you take multiple levels. Just needs a little tweaking.

Death or Glory feels just a touch weak. Possibly because they feel like weak options to start with. Desperate Strategy may even this out. This may just be my personal tastes in risk coming out though.

It'd be nice to see the opposite of <class>, a commander who's good at countering a specific type of unit.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote