View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 11:18 AM   #2035
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Still settling in.

When we resume I will obviously need to give a summary. My thought is--is the plot too heavy? How spoilery should the summary be?

I will tell you this--done with wild success, it "breaks" the canon setting. Mind you, I have no idea how the PC's would manage this. MJ (player of M'ranoch Atel and all-around villain player) advised me to build problems without built-in solutions, and that's exactly what I did. This works better live where PC groups can kibbitz a lot.

Should the task fail catastrophically, you'd have a dead Corat, an embittered Ryuki with a significantly shortened lifespan, and likely some dead PC's (unless I fiat their survival).

Von Galen knows the outline of the plot but he's not its mastermind (though that should be obvious). He'll point you to who he thinks is its mastermind but he's wrong--it's someone above that guy. My plan was to let him stonewall you while dropping hints, but it could be better if #2 and #1 play good-cop bad-cop with the party. Or not...

Meanwhile I have a job interview tomorrow. Wish me luck.