View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 09:15 PM   #6
ColBosch

Default Re: Minis Set 3+ Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
For Set #4, I'd drop out the Mk. VI and the Doppelsoldner, and add in the Mk. II. For my money, the VI and Dopp are just too seldom used. Plus, they're a lot of plastic to be adding in to set #4.
Looking at the ODE cardboard pieces and pics of the minis online, the Mk VI and Dopp aren't really that much bigger than the Mk V and Fencer. Indeed, the tower on the VI is shorter than the V. The Dopp is just a bit bulkier than the Fencer and has the secondary batteries, but doesn't need the second turret cluttering up its sprue.

My thoughts with breaking down the Ogres as I did is that it gives players all of the mainline cybertanks by Set 4, Set 5 has the real rarities, Set 6 has the really-just-an-objective Vulcan, and Set 7 has the cybertanks that have been mentioned but never visualized.

Quote:
I like all of Set #5 except the Ninja (I can proxy that with any other Ogre), but it may be a dream to get those units.
The Ninja has both a metal miniature and a cardboard version. Why proxy it?

Quote:
Set #6 would also be nice (leave out the Vulcan, those arms look anime silly), but it's even less likely than #5.
This is a wish list, and all of those things exist in-universe and have rules. As I said in my opening post, I'll let SJ Games figure out how much they can give me, I'm just letting them know what I'd want.

Quote:
Set #7 is perhaps just a pipe dream, and I would have zero interest in Set #8 or anything fantasy related.
Sets 7 and 8 would certainly be low-interest, so I kept them fairly limited in scope. I could even see an Ogrethulhu set being half the size initially, sort of like the original plan for Set 1, and letting lunatics like me decide just how much we really want out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Scribe View Post
I'd like to see the Mark I and Mark II come out in the same set; maybe with the III-B.
Maybe 3x Mk I and 1x Mk II? That would match the 20 AU of the III-B. But I stuck the Mk II in with Set 5 because it's relatively uncommon in-universe. You'd be more likely to see an Ogre Ninja in most of the major theaters than the Mk II.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote