View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 10:51 AM   #28
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Hmmm," she answers noncommittally. "It's just base camp for me, really. Checking in on the new folks, the older ones who need a little rest, the ones who need a refresher in dealing with the big city. And of course, the ones who don't have a pass to the top floor office yet. While I'm here I'll also take in a show, a round of golf--it's not all work and no play.

"But a new contractor? Who's his boss? Or is it hers?"
A nice thing about being a Virtue -- you get a pretty quick feel for whom you can trust. As Kane keeps an eye out for somewhere they can both grab a drink, he decides to put another card on the table.

"If you know San Fran that well, you might even know the guy -- better'n me, anyway," he says. "Japanese-soundin' name, s'posed to be a decent toolmaker. Rye ... or is it Ree ..." He gives a self-deprecating smile.

"You know, I got a few thousand songs in here," he taps his head. "You think I'd do better on Asian names." A chuckle. "Just glad Mr. Wattanapanit was the patient type back in Banning." The Thai surname comes out carefully, almost syllable-by-syllable, as though Kane was still worried about slipping and giving offense.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote