View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 04:06 PM   #28
whswhs

Default Re: [Supers] 21st DCU Golden Age (DC Nerfed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
Superman
ST 40* [0] HP 15 [10]
DX 11 [20] Will 12
IQ 12 [40] Per 12
HT 13 [30] Fatigue 25 [36]
Basic Speed 6 [0]

DR 10 (Low Signature +10%; Super -10%) [50]
Enhanced Move 2 (Ground Move 24; Cosmic: Instant Acceleration +50%; Super -10%) [56]
IT:DR/10 (Super -10%) [135]
Regeneration (Regular 1/hour; Super -10%) [23]
ST +30* (Super -10%) [270]
Super Jumping 6 (Super -10%: AA: EM) [11]

Code of Honor (Comics Code) [-15]
Overconfidence (12-) [-5]
Pacifism (Innocents) [-10]
Reduced HP -30 (Super -10%) [-54]
Quirk: Careful [-1]
Quirk: Chauvinistic [-1]
Quirk: Nosy [-1]
Secret Identity [-5]
Unusual Biochemistry [-5]

Brawling (DX+2) - 14 [4]
Farming (IQ-1) - 11 [1]
Lifting (HT+2) - 15 [4]
Research - 12 [2]
Writing - 12 [2]

Total: 606 points

*ST includes his racial bonus of ST+30.

**As a "new" hero Superman is a current hot topic. His eventual reputation has not developed yet.
If you think Krypton has higher gravity, then things will fall faster than on Earth. He probably should have enhanced Basic Speed. I would suggest +5, which would give an average Kryptonian doubled reflexes. If you buy it up, you can drop a level each of Enhanced Move and Super Jumping.

Should his DR be flexible? He doesn't move as if his skin were made up of rigid plates.

What's your source for Regeneration?

If this is the 1930s Supes, the Comic Code hadn't even been thought of then. And I believe he originally was more violent and more willing to work outside the law than the Comics Code allowed. I'm not even sure he has a CoH at all, though he has some sort of ethical standard.

If you're giving him reduced HP, I don't think you should also pay points for his HP 15. It seems you should just buy them down from his ST.

Isn't Brawling normally learned by fighting with other people? I'm not sure he could ever have done that without killing people; or that they could ever have been enough of a challenge for him to gain useful practice.

I wonder if he ought to have Professional Skill: Journalism?

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote