Thread: Krokodil
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #18
tantric
Banned

Default Re: Krokodil

You'd be surprised. I always found crystallization to be a bear, but I know meth cooks that can do it blindfolded. How would you get the codeine without an a/b extraction to begin with? In the US ephedrine has all kinds of glue in it so you can't just chuck it into your reaction. What level of chemistry knowledge is required to synth basic illegals? Is it a technique? Can I have a 15 in Birch reduction and know nothing about o-chem? I could probably rank the various reactions: distilling alcohol, Birch reduction, RP/I, Sandemeyer reduction of GABA, etc with LSD as the holy grail.

My gut feeling is that the culture hasn't caught up and that you'll be having pharmaceutically pure desomorphine on the streets within a few years. My reading suggests other paths that produce much stronger drugs with uncontrolled reagents. The only thing that keeps heroin down is the availability of acetic anhydride. If the cooks have found a way around that...well, maybe we'll have legalization before too many people die horribly.
tantric is offline   Reply With Quote