View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 09:44 AM   #6
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: [Powers/Horror] Leech build and related questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowrie View Post
I was under the impression that unmodified leech could work through any part of your body, and was thinking that a kiss being required would be limiting due to being able to be stopped by being gagged or something.
Re-reading Leech, and given the requirement for grappling, I'd actually say that it's not just any part of your body, it's basically all of your body. In any case, given that Leech is a "genericized" version of Vampiric Bite, I'd say that the specific body part you draw the HP through is still a special effect. There's no limitation on Leech like "requires bite" or anything like that, which still says to me it's a feature (Vampiric Bite is basically Leech with Blood Agent, but how you drink the blood is actually not a limitation, just that the target must be bleeding).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowrie
The problem with this is that the other form of Leech ends up working out to a net Limitation with everything involved. I'm pretty sure that disqualifies it from using this rule.
This is the Succubus' Kiss ability from Horror, correct? If that's the one you're thinking of, I'd suggest either adding enough enhancements or removing limitations from it, in order to get it up to a positive modifier value, or else just handwaving it as effectively a 0% modifier, applying the full cost of the more expensive set of modifiers, and just saying it's a feature that you can switch to this other, much more limited version of the ability if you choose to.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote