View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 11:49 PM   #28
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Supercavitating OGRE Weapons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
Mine locations are not that discreet.
CRAP. I just realized I've been citing 13.02.1 and 13.02.2 when I mean 13.02 and 13.02.1, respectively. Crap crap crap crap crap.

But getting back on topic, therein lies my conundrum.

The way 13.02 and 13.02.1 read to me, it's not for purpose of destroying the bridge, it's for the explicit purpose of firing at the bridge...determining 'Is it in range?' and 'do I get the auto-destruction boon?'.

Makes me think the wording in 13.04 is in need of clarification...either "yes, if a mine goes off in an adjoining hex the bridge goes boom", or replacing "bridge hex" with "the center hex of a river bridge".

I'm really tempted to suggest that the answer is "If a mine goes off on a full-hex bridge, blow the bridge. Otherwise, leave the bridge alone". Or failing that, "If a mine goes off on a river bridge, blow the bridge. If a mine goes off on a road in a hex adjoining any bridge, blow the bridge IF the unit setting off the mine entered the hex via the bridge."

Option A is elegant and KISS-friendly. Option B keeps the 'If you enter a hex with a mine, the mine goes boom' elegance intact, preserves bridges as separate targets from hexes, and still destroys the bridge when it conceptually should.

But I dunno. It's 1:45, my brain is beyond tired, and it's entirely possible that I'm just not thinking straight.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote