View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 01:21 PM   #9
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: Pre-human civilizations on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
For a pre-Mesozoic civilization, yes, your statement discards most scenarios. As bill pointed out, Corvids would challenge your statement, and that means some dinosaurs are valid candidates.

Radical modification of the basic primate form is in human's recent past, and while we've found fossil evidence of such things, its fairly incomplete, fairly recent, and we had a good idea of what were looking for. So a basic form could quickly change to something suited for technology without leaving many intermediate fossils.
All apes have opposable thumbs. Point to the dinosaurs that had them such that hypothetical human handed level dexterity could have come from and just never been discovered. Most I know of have too few and non-agile digits to qualify. My knowledge could be out of date, so I'd like to know if I'm wrong.

It's not just a single species that would have to hide. It would have to be at least an entire order which is unlikely. Not technically impossible for the pre KT event, but exceedingly unlikely.

Last edited by Flyndaran; 04-13-2018 at 01:35 PM.
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote