View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #5
davidtmoore

Default Re: GURPS Magic Flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos05 View Post
No particular reason for 160, I just like it better than 150. The extra points seem to go to background skills for most of my PCs anyway. The energy storage is kinda my biggest question mark. I'm not sure exactly what to expect in terms of power levels there. Assuming they drop as much into powerstones as a front line fighter drops into weapons and armor, what kind of energy capacities are we talking about and how does that translate to the battlefield?
Depends on how freely you let them use the system; high Wealth and lots of Signature Gear can go a long way in buying Powerstones. Generally, at that point level, most wizards seem to end up with low-double-figure energy sources, allowing them to roughly double or triple capacity, but a properly min-maxed character could significantly exceed that.

How it translates depends on build. Most battle mages will probably go with standard Missile spells - Fireball and so on - so more magic just means more fireballs. A very focused character can attempt some more spectacular effects with a decent power store, but generally they have long casting times as well as high casting costs.