View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 05:22 AM   #16
Rupert

Default Re: Fantasy Games Unlimted: Space Opera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
In the later one book/non-boxed set version there was a rules change that allowed you to divert points from other stats to get to PSI 19.
It's in my original boxed set book 1. Now, that book may be from a second printing, because the box had a slightly different cover painting (by Charette, copying the original Day, but with a less busty woman with a much higher neckline). However, the same rule was in my friend's copy, and his had the original box.

Yes, fully knowing what a mess it was I bought it again because I've worn the covers off my stapled version.
Quote:
Also in Star Atlas 11 there's a creature encounter that can make it happen. all you have to do to survive it is roll a 1 on D1000. 1 on D10,000 if you do it deliberately.
Seems fair. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBW View Post
Now that I look at it, I realise that Space Master (which I played for quite a few years) owes quite a bit to Space Opera, particularly the terms "Armsman" for the fighter class and "Transhuman" for variant/upgraded humans – and its heavy use of technical character classes.
I noticed that too, though it doesn't have the yummy equipment lists and affordable powered armour. It did have somewhat affordable and worthwhile personal force fields though, like Space Opera.

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is online now   Reply With Quote