View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 10:09 PM   #569
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: [RPM] Post your rituals here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssveter View Post
Celerity
Spell Effects: Lesser Transform Body.
Inherent Modifiers: Altered Trait, Enhanced Dodge +3 + Altered Trait, Extra Basic Speed +1 + Subject Weight + Duration.
Greater Effects: 0 (×1).

This spell increases the casters basic speed, and enhances their dodge

This Casting: Lesser Transform Body (8) + Altered Trait, Enhanced Dodge +3 (45) + Altered Trait, Extra Basic Speed +1 (20) + Subject Weight, 10 lbs. (0) + Duration, 10 minutes (1). 74 energy (74×1).

My first spell, am I right?
No. But a good try! Some points:
  • The way you have Altered Traits will require two spell effects; however you can lump them together into a single trait since it makes sense that they are together.
  • You'd need Lesser Strengthen Body here, not Lesser Transform Body. You're making someone better - not radically altering their physiology.
  • Since this is a spell that physically alters the subject you must have Subject Weight - 300 lbs. is the standard
  • You can't add Enhanced Dodge 3 with a Lesser effect because in most campaigns Enhanced Dodge 1 is the limit to Enhanced Defenses UNLESS it's supernatural or you have Trained by a Master/Weapon Master. Thus you need a Greater effect to do this.

Taking all that into account and you get something like this:

Celerity
Spell Effects: Greater Strengthen Body.
Inherent Modifiers: Altered Trait, Enhanced Dodge 3 and Basic Speed +1.00.
Greater Effects: 1 (×3).

This spell increases the target's Basic Speed by +1.00 and adds +3 to his Dodge (a total increase to Dodge of +4).

Typical Casting: Greater Strengthen Body (3) + Altered Trait, Enhanced Dodge 3 and Basic Speed +1.00 (65) + Duration, 10 minutes (1) + Subject Weight, 300 lbs. (3). 216 energy (72 x 3)

A powerful spell! You may wish to tone it down doing the following instead:

Lesser Celerity
Spell Effects: Lesser Strengthen Body.
Inherent Modifiers: Altered Trait, Enhanced Dodge 1 and Basic Speed +1.00.
Greater Effects: 0 (×1).

This spell increases the target's Basic Speed by +1.00 and adds +1 to his Dodge (a total increase to Dodge of +2).

Typical Casting: Lesser Strengthen Body (3) + Altered Trait, Enhanced Dodge 1 and Basic Speed +1.00 (35) + Duration, 10 minutes (1) + Subject Weight, 300 lbs. (3). 42 energy (42 x 1)

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote