View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #7
JCD

Default Re: In Nomine Second Edition: What have we learned?

I absolutely agree with Andy and Jennifer about strengthening mortals. They get short shrift, IMO. One can argue that this is true in Supers games, but if the War is truly about the humans, they must have something on the ball. Clueless but not weak.

I am almost playing around with the idea that every mortal to whom the Secret is revealed garners a note of Dissonance in the Celestial(s) involved. Why should demons keep the Dei Obscura without it? That is just off the top of my head. Sort of in keeping with the Paradox rules from Mage.

I'm thinking Jordi either needs 'no Dissonance' for his write up (though the fact his Servitors cause no Disturbance when in animal form is pretty huge! I hadn't known that before and it shall be highlighted) or 'does not unnecessarily harm animals outside of a predator/prey/self defense relationship.' Humans are animals too.

Eli probably needs a Dissonance condition.

I would disagree slightly with Jennifer in that I think, whatever the contrast levels, the game needs more examples of fiction. Perhaps shorter pieces more spread out which highlights the styles of Choir/Bands, and Superiors. I very much enjoyed the piece on Dominic in Heaven and Hell and it helped me understand him and his Servitors better.

(I tend to play low contrast games, so I'm curious what a medium contrast would be like, much less high)

Like the ideas on artifacts

I think the game has some strange dynamics because there is no fear of death in the game. The emphasising the loss of Role will help offset that, but as a matter of course, GMs far more prefer to give goodies then punish the players (outside of their thick streak of sadism in adventure development. KIDDING). I like not fearing player death...but I see a problem too.
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote