View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
JCD

Default Re: In Nomine Second Edition: What have we learned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post

3) I'd like to take the example lists of Fates, Destinies, Needs and Honorable/Dishonorable Deeds from Liber Servitorum and bring them into the core rules. Fates and Destinies in particular can be tricky for even experienced players to grasp -- "No, just dying horribly is NOT a Fate!"

4) Likewise, the "Geas chart" from Superiors: Lilith and Fall of the Malakim would probably be better served by being in the core rules.

5) I've said it before, I'll say it again: Make the first Vessel/1 or Vessel/2 free. You don't send an astronaut into space without his spacesuit.

I think the "binary" setup of the core universe works pretty well ... it's a "high concept" approach that gets across the core idea quickly ... but a "Book of the Grays" for those who want a potent third celestial side would be an excellent thing to have.

Lots to agree with here.

Fates and Destinies really need more explanation.

I would take the geas rules from GIN and apply them. Right now, a Lilim bringing a guy 6 cups of coffee , or cleaning his toilet six times could get a geas/6 on him. That doesn't work. With the GIN rules of 4 geas/1 = 1 Geas/2 would mean that a geas/ 6 would require more then a thousand cups of coffee.

I've never read EPG, but I guess that was what they were trying.
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote