View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: In Nomine Second Edition: What have we learned?

As for what I would want in In Nomine 2.0:

1) Clearer organization and better cross-referencing. Since Beth is now at the helm, that would be a given, but I'm just saying.

2) More options for celestial combat, to help speed it along and make it more interesting. A friend recently crafted some rules for using the "natural weapons" of a celestial form, such as using a Seraph's snake-like form to constrict and crush, or the razor-edged wings of a Malakite to slash for extra damage. I'll check and see if he minds me reposting them here.

3) I'd like to take the example lists of Fates, Destinies, Needs and Honorable/Dishonorable Deeds from Liber Servitorum and bring them into the core rules. Fates and Destinies in particular can be tricky for even experienced players to grasp -- "No, just dying horribly is NOT a Fate!"

4) Likewise, the "Geas chart" from Superiors: Lilith and Fall of the Malakim would probably be better served by being in the core rules.

5) I've said it before, I'll say it again: Make the first Vessel/1 or Vessel/2 free. You don't send an astronaut into space without his spacesuit.

6) Increase the number of character points available at creation: even "Forces times 5" instead of "Forces times 4" can make a big difference. There's a lot of cool stuff available to angels and demons in this game, but the lower point budgets often make it moot.

7) More "sample Relics" in the core rules. Not to the point of replacing the Reliquarium, of course, but more examples would make things clearer to players and GMs.

8) Put in the Grigori, just as was done in GURPS In Nomine. You know you want to. :-)

9) I think a "Book of Battle" (Liber Bellum?) would be a great supplement, either for a new edition or the current one.

10) And yeah, easier unconsciousness would be a help.

Personally, I like having a fair amount of Superior interaction in my games ... used judiciously, it can be a lot of fun for everyone involved.

I think the "binary" setup of the core universe works pretty well ... it's a "high concept" approach that gets across the core idea quickly ... but a "Book of the Grays" for those who want a potent third celestial side would be an excellent thing to have.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote