View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 07:38 AM   #5
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Default Re: Price of an Inn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
Paying for food and accommodations on the road is expensive, so I'm OK with the suggested prices. When I can be bothered, which isn't often, I sometimes limit the quality of food and facilities to a particular standard of living. Frex, in a little village in the middle of nowhere, the resources to keep a duke or king in the luxury to which he is accustomed. Therefore, the best travelers can get is equivalent to, say, Status 0, with prices capped at that level.
On the other hand, in settings where it is customary to provide hospitality to travellers free of charge, if a village does get visited by one or more individuals whom the villagers presume (correctly or not) to be of high GURPS Status, they will provide their best food and drink.

Usually that will not all that much, but it will tend to include a meal rich in meat or fresh fish, or both, whereas their typical diet contains very little of those. And it will also include their strongest and most flavourful alcoholic drinks, rather than the dilluted stuff they usually drink.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote