Thread: Killing PCs
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #31
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Killing PCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestigor View Post
Things like Dungeon Fantasy, Monster Hunters or Gurps Action which by their very nature tend to have high body counts.
Really? I've never seen it. With the high point builds most Characters are so shockingly competent it takes real effort for them kill themselves. Or extremely bad luck.

My Action games have a very low PC body count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coronatiger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pestigor View Post
On the other hand, If I spent a half an hour painstakingly creating a character from scratch and while pouring over optional rules only to have it die from dumb luck or random chance...I'd be pretty put out and not very likely to make another character with that amount of care again.
Half an hour??!? That's impressive.
I know right!

I've spent the last 2 weeks agonizing over 30ish points on a Character fro an arena game! (Okay, truthfully once I stopped just thinking about it and sat down and put points on the page, it was somewhere around 45 minutes of checking, and double checking, and triple checking to make I didn't miss something)

The last character I made (including backstory) probably took about 2 hours all told (I'm not counting the character I've incrementally toyed with for the last year trying to get points to line up... we'll just ignore that bit of 'madness').
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote