View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 09:46 PM   #46
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lucy's Choice: Let's make Lucifer Parallels!

A lot of these worlds are going to see miracle workers involvement. Perhaps you could have a "hell world" campaign where the players are miracle workers trouble shooters.

The fungus and the kudzu ideas are both valid. The kudzu is in some ways fun because it isn't a super crop that kills everything, its a just a poisonous plant that can displace humans. Doesn't mean that it can't result in a hell world anyways.

Super abundant uranium is just a fun idea in general ... I don't know if I'd even go hell world on that -- a nuclear roman empire without gunpowder has a strong flavor.

--------------------------------------------------------

A good old biblical flood would be interesting. The real question is just where the water comes from. Solutions include high manna, odd geological activity, and portals from another world. And they also have implications...

The most interesting floods are vs. fairly high tech situations. They're also partial floods, where parts of the earth's surface are still somewhat exposed.

I expect to call these worlds 'Noah'... or 'Flood', for those who aren't feeling biblical.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote