View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 01:57 PM   #10
Refplace

Default Re: Discworld RPG and Mars Attack preorders arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
In other words, it's less that "Mars Attacks was just 96 pages so we decided to do it in color" and more that "we knew Mars Attacks had to be done in color, so we budgeted for 96 pages." Same thing overall, but different emphasis. :)

The converse, in terms of starting needs and priorities, is that with the Discworld RPG we knew that Pratchett's text and worldbuilding (and Master's development of them) were the key. So there, we used every trick we could to squeeze as much wordcount into the book as possible, and then approached art, layout, etc., with the goal of keeping the price reasonable. Hence the B&W internal art.

#behindthescenes #themoreyouknow
I appreciate that. I just picked up my copy of Mars Attacks today and can see the coffee table bit. While light on the new crunch its a pleasure to look at and flip through.
I was pleasantly surprised but my FLGS had one copy of both books on it shelves. So they did more than just cover the preorders.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote