Thread: A few Questions
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
Fnugus

Default Re: A few Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aigol View Post
When you get a critical hit while firing Multiple shots how does that work. Do all of the shots hit or all of them to a certain point. HOw many shots receive the effects of the critical hit table?
As I understand it, you do a critical hit with the first shot, and the target gets to defend normally against the rest of them.

Quote:
IS there any effective skill that will allow a critical success on higher than a 6? Is there anything else that would allow this?
No.

Quote:
Last, What is some general advice for my first time running a game with new players. I am also new to the rules and this is prety much us just getting into Gurps for the first time

So far the only real change I have made is for familiarity because with this group I think that would be a sticking point not being able to use all pistols of their TL equally well.
Don't use all rules from all books at once. Start off with just the basic set, and introduce optional rules and other books after you and your players get familiar with the flow of the system. And if the players are new to the system too, don't get surprised if they aren't happy with their first few characters; most people get carried away with the many options they have.