View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 12:41 PM   #44
JLV

Default Re: Addressing the Elephant in the room (No, not you Sir! Please, sit down.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_aramis View Post
Dark City Games has a decent pile of adventures that are TFT compatible. (For a while they were actually using the TFT trademark.)

I've not looked at the adventures because they're priced about $13... but they've got about 20 titles out. (Their "Retroclone" rules are more pseudo-clone - they handle skills different from TFT talents.)
It took me a few years, but I generally used my Christmas Bonus and/or my Tax Refund to pick up one or two of them each year; and now own all of them (except for the most recent three sci-fi ones). I must say that I am VERY happy with the quality of their effort. And it is extremely easy to run them using classic TFT rules if that's your preference. The only trouble you'll find is the lack of healing magic in TFT, and you can either retrofit that, or simply supply extra healing potions...

In short, I strongly recommend them to anyone looking for some new adventures to run -- heck, they even have a more-or-less consistent "game world" (which is explained in some detail in the "Campaign Guide" included in Fire in the Streets).

For those interested in taking a look, here's a link to the DCG web page...

(Note: I include the link with a bit of trepidation, but rely on Steve Jackson's comment a month or two ago regarding including links to places where things can be purchased as permitting this -- since technically, I guess, DCG is in "competition" with SJG. Also, since SJG doesn't actually have anything TFT on the market yet, I don't feel I'm cutting into their profits by doing this. However, if Steve or Andrew feel differently about it, I trust they'll either ask me to delete the link, or do so themselves...)

Last edited by JLV; 03-09-2018 at 12:47 PM.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote