View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 01:40 PM   #10
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: [DF] Cleric Spell Lists - Where at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
The Shaman is a definite outlier because the Shaman is designed as an Ally-based summoner with some spells on the side...
That's what i was thinking.

Quote:
If you're doing an examination of Cleric spell list size I wouldn't ignore the Shaman, rather I would exclude it in the main data and use it as an example of an alternative to larger spell lists.
I'm currently going to be looking at the Cleric lists as three separate categories.

Good (aka Reasonably Nice), Neutral (aka Decent Blokes), and Evil (aka Not Nice At All).

Good lists have a focus that is healing and buffing, largely defensive style seeming.
Neutral is like Good, but with a larger pool of attack "style" spells.
Evil focuses more on 'debuffs' and attacking spells and has no (to almost no*) healing or buffing spells.

* Don't have time to check my notes and most of my work so far has been done after work when I'm bone tired (so slow and probably full of errors).

Quote:
If you're doing an examination of Cleric spell list size I wouldn't ignore the Shaman, rather I would exclude it in the main data and use it as an example of an alternative to larger spell lists.
That's a good idea. If I push this mess of 'numbers' into a polished state I'll have to do that and then see if it'll make a decent Pyramid article.

I might have to look further afield at the way the other Summoners are built and possibly at how some alt Wizards in non-DF primary sources are formed (though I'm not coming up with any that work in this fashion - short list, lots of primary non-skills-as-spell 'powers' and abilities)
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote