View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 01:48 PM   #10
Icelander

Default Re: Surprising unbalance....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
One campaign ago (espionage/technothriller): The player of a medic for a team of secret agents really went to town on the Housekeeping skill (more GURPS). [...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
For... reasons, obviously unconnected to playing a character in a current technothriller game who has Housekeeping, what is a high enough skill level to be able to wipe traces fairly reliably and allow PCs to act with impunity?
[...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J.Steele View Post
Depends much on how realistic your world is.
[...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
Housekeeping in and of itself wouldn’t provide the knowledge of WHAT to clean and what evidence was left that needs to be removed.
[...]

...the point being, WHERE you commit your crime matters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
I moved three posts that were delving deep into the GURPS weeds into a new thread in the GURPS forum. Please bear in mind that this is Roleplaying in General, and take more GURPS-specific discussions to that forum.

The other posts in this thread that talk about GURPS are doing so in the context of the original question, and that's fine. It's the difference between "this happened in a GURPS game" and "here's exactly how I did this in a GURPS game."
That being said, the Housekeeping question is something that might be helpful to GURPS players to discuss, especially if Kromm can be prevailed upon to give us the low-down on how he did it in his campaign. But I don't want to clutter up a thread for something else with it, not to mention that more people interested in how to use Housekeeping to hide evidence are likely to see a thread in the GURPS forums.

So, if it's not too much trouble, could you copy Kromm's original post and move our responses to this sub-thread to the GURPS forums?