View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 04:28 PM   #2
GodBeastX

Default Re: High tech guns, and an ultratech gun theoretical question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaware View Post
Hello all. I present to you my dilemma. And another hypothetical question.

I was reading High tech on the section of specialized ammunition. Looking at things like HE rounds, LE rounds, etc. and all of them say to "Adds a linked crushing explosion with linked fragmentation" or something thereabouts.

I was trying to find how to know how much damage to actually add but as the book itself says. It doesn't have a formula as "it is beyond the scope of this book" I was wondering if there was something in another book or someone knows of a good way to implement it. Or if I am sposed to Frankenstein it together with the explosives formulas in the basic set?

Now. On to my "I wonder if question"

I played a videogame a long time ago where an ultratech type gun existed. And I would like to see if I could recreate it. I don't know about use it. But I want to see what it would take to make it.

It was your basic go to assault rifle with a smallish clip. And it did much less damage than the regular assault rifles. But. The difference was the ammunition.

Where as all other guns shot a projectile from A to B in a straight line, this one shot in a straight lineish. But the rounds themselves were semi homing. The would turn and curve to hit enemies hiding behind buildings, or crouched behind the endless "chest high walls" scattered about. Yo would just target them and more or less try and keep them in your field of vision and the bullets would just follow them. Not some huge 30 mile chase, they would only deviate some... Say 5 feet diameter from where they were shot at. But as stated before the bullets didn't deal as much damage due to momentum being lost to them turning. And they moved slowly as well if memory serves correctly.

Like some sort of 'semi-homing' round or something like that was what I was looking to make. Probably gun specific to keep it from being way to OP. And more than likely suuuuupppper expensive as well.
For homing in Ultratech, see P.146. It's only available on ammunition that has propulsion (For obvious reasons).