View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 11:25 PM   #7
Damon Griffin

Default Re: Make-your-own cards that look like the real thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinc View Post
Look into finding the right paper, something that matches as closely as possible. Or just buy blanks from Warehouse 24 (they do sell blanks). Then you might be able to contact a local printing company to have them printed professionally.
I won't be doing this via professional printing. I'll find out how to do it myself, or I won't do it at all. There are any number of reasons for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinc View Post
And lastly once you do figure out the printing process, start printing Heart of the Anomaly like crazy and selling them for $500 a pop on eBay. I think about doing that all the time.
Any cards I print will be for my use, and given to a very few friends. Making money illegally is not the goal here; having "official looking" cards that represent in-jokes for my group is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
We wouldn't produce blank cards if we didn't want people creating their own cards. In fact, we ran some tests on printer-capable blank card sheets, using the same stock used for the "real" cards; unfortunately, those tests were unsatisfactory ("PC LOAD LETTER" unsatisfactory) and we have abandoned that project for now.
So blank card sheets are not available? That probably does mean printing on transparent labels, then.

This may need to wait until we invest in a new printer anyway. Right now we're using an old HP OfficeJet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Munchkin cards are 56mm x 87mm.
Good to know.
Damon Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote