View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
Nymdok

Default Re: [DF] Sample Encounters

Heres an Encounter I built in less than a few minutes and worked pretty well. (We just had session last night)

Converted From Lest Darkness Rise

Party Data (Avg)
6 PCs
(Barbie, 2 mystic knights, Cleric, Thief/Scout, Matial Artist)
B/P/D = 14/13/11
Melee = 15
Melee DMG = 2d
Ranged = 14
Ranged DMG = 2d
Move = 6
DR = 3

Weepers in the Graveyard:

4 Statues
HP:20
Attack: 22 DA to 12
DMG : 2D
DR: 4
ST:20
DX:12
HT:12
Move:3
ActiveD:10
Special Abillities/Advantages - Nil

After Battle Report:
The idea was to have a warm up combat that would make the Players sit up and take notice that DF can be deadly! It worked out well and although several of the players took damage, the health poitions and Cleric kept them in the fight. The party began surrounded by the statues and the fighters(2 mystic Knights, 1 Barbarian) joined them in Melee to mixed results. Due to the relatively high DR, the Martial Artist was limited in her offensive effectiveness, but her Acrobatics and Dodge kept her in it! Note that the statues as written here did NOT have IT(Homogenous) or other advantages that may have been suitable. The Defense -5 from the DA made shield blocking Extremely important, but it was balanced by the fact that the statues only got one attack each. Ultimately, the High St barabarian gains MVP of the encounter for savage High damage attacks with his axe and the scout was well acquited with her bodkin points and well targeted attacks.

Nymdok

p.s. I was originally going to take them through 'Beneath Castle Everglory', but Spring Break with my Niece and Nephews is getting cut in half :(
Nymdok is offline   Reply With Quote