View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #23
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping
Default Re: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Adventure 1: Mirror of the Fire Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
Hell, I can probably use the Bounding Turtles as-is (they'd just be sea turtles rather than desert ones:D).
Turtles leaping out of the water like breaching armored whales, then falling on the PCs boats?

Glorious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelen Bleux View Post
Are the maps printed in light blue so I can't Xerox them??
What you'll have to do is get something to extract images from PDFs, run the maps through Photoshop to change the B&W to light blue, print them out on a color printer, and then not Xerox them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmachine View Post
GURPS authors have told me they don't write adventures because they don't sell. This has changed?
This is, as Steven indicates, something of an experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
So how hard would this be to adapt to a GURPS Banestorm/DF campaign.
Not particularly, I should think. The non-rules demands on the setting aren't particularly onerous. You just need a sizable wilderness to set it in; from there it's just a question of changing names to suit. The important constraints are character-related. It's calibrated to using DF templates or some reasonable facsimile thereof. That is, characters in the 250-300 point range built for adventuring, and generally avoiding the kinds of extraordinary abilities that DF shies away from. Where they have overlapping monsters, DF and Banestorm don't match, but you can change names there or just say "it's a different kind of orc."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Also of note that this adventure was brought to you by the letter N. It appears to be a clever way of scaling up an adventure, and will probably be a feature of any later adventure.
Possibly. It works OK in this context because the opposition is specifically conceived of as bodies of not particularly powerful opponents. I think it wouldn't work so well if you've got smaller numbers of more powerful monsters.

Quote:
As far as replay value, what about the town?
Probably the least detailed part of the adventure, I'm afraid.

Quote:
I'm looking at getting lots of use and replay value out of this adventure.
One of the design goals, that. Over half of the adventure by page count (geomorphic maps, NPCs, monsters, terrain descriptions) is eminently suitable for recycling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
Let me also take this moment to offer a special thanks to those brave souls, who -- with their groups -- truly kicked the tires on this one to the best of their abilities. Thank you, Peter, Antoni, Christopher, and Emily!
I'd like to repeat this. Coming up with the N notation was easy. Figuring out what stats N monsters should have to make them a good challenge for a group of adventurers was hard, and the playtesters did a lot of the work towards refining monster stats.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote