View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 04:22 AM   #6
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Easily Printable Fantasy Ruleset - Everything

I deleted the links from the original post. No one but SJ Games is permitted to repost our copyrighted rules, much less alter them when doing so. Reformatting them for your own use is fine, but you are absolutely not allowed to distribute those files to anyone else.

I'm sure the original poster's motives were not malicious, but unfortunately this is the kind of thing we HAVE to crack down on.

Please remove these files from the web immediately.

Edited to add: Had you asked us first, instead of assuming it would be OK, we could have pointed you at our Online Policy. It clearly spells out that reposting our content, even content we post freely on our own site, is not allowed. Specifically:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ Games' Online Policy
V. So, does that mean that I can . . .

Post (or make available for download) forms, charts, tables and text from one of your games?

No; that is a violation of copyright. We understand that it is convenient to gamers if some forms and charts are online, and we have already posted many of them ourselves. You should look at our page for the game you are interested in, to see if perhaps we have already posted the material you want.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 01-15-2013 at 04:39 AM.
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote