View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 11:25 AM   #1
MrSlippery

Default Please help settle an argument (King Tut)

My friends and I were playing the other day, and we got into a disagreement about the card King Tut.

In order to make this as fair as possible and not sway the opinions of the readers of this thread, I will try to make it ambiguous as to of which opinion I am. (this is so when my friend reads this post later, he can't accuse me of trying to lead the answer one way or the other)

One of us says that upon encountering King Tut, the unfortunate Munchkin adventurer automatically loses two levels (as soon as the 'door is kicked down'). The other says that the loss of two levels is only incurred should one successfully run away.

I would also like to point out that we looked up the answer to this question, and found one here; http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/faq/, but one of us did not find the answer satisfying/convincing.

So, in order to make this as clear as possible (and essentially make it as 'unarguable' as possible), I would simply like a 'yes' or 'no' answer to the following question.

A level 9 player 'kicks down the door' and finds a King Tut on the other side. Absolutely no cards are played by anyone present to interfere with the fight. He fights it and kills it. Is this player then declared the winner of that game (level 10 being the 'game winning level,' of course).

Thank you,

-Slip
MrSlippery is offline   Reply With Quote