View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 05:38 PM   #34
Skarg

Default Re: Using an Illusion's Senses

Right. Good point on the doors. There's that situation that was discussed here some months ago too about whether you can make an Image/Illusion of a door that opens, or of someone going through an existing door, or not. To which I sometimes say you could make an Image but it would need to be an image of the room revealed, which wouldn't be actually revealing the room, but showing an image as conjured by the wizard. Kind of like you can make an illusion of a pit. But perhaps an easier/better answer is "no you can't" on the notion that you can't make anything go away with an image/illusion, so the closed door would be visible and defy an illusionary one, though that's contradicted by the idea you can make a pit illusion.

Etc.

Having been through such questions in practically every campaign I've run, and ruled or re-invented how illusions work somewhat (or very much) differently in each, it seems to me that handling all situations consistently can be a complex problem with many details to consider. And the specific answers can be very important to various game situations.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote