View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 05:45 AM   #17
L.J.Steele

Default Re: Some help with Timewatch's Free RPG day Font of Knowledge

Boosters we used correctly, more the loss of preparedness, tinkering, and various investigative points. I may need more practice with using the different abilities.

Question: PCs want to forge a duplicate version of Beneficio's bible, but heretically wrong, and send it back to themselves. I had charged them a Forgery point -- was that right?

One player's feedback:
Here are my sparse thoughts:

*The adventure amused a bunch of grognards with its premise and it's early execution.
* It felt untested, which is fair since it was for Free RPG Day. It had brilliant concepts for What Went Astray.
*La Maupin is a natural choice for a Timewatch recruit. I just reread her Wikipedia article - about 5 years later in my own personal time stream - and it fits so perfectly.
*There appeared to be little reason to go to Florence other than "The GM says 'Go to Florence'!" Where was the hook for Leonardo da Vinci again?? - Corollary. Da Vinci and Einstein have to be recruits or under some sort of "Don't Talk To Them. Ever!" Interdict because they are historical personages that many would think they would enjoy meeting.
*Jumping from Ochoa's childhood circa 900 AD - neat character - to a final confrontation in 2044 was really hard to fathom. It didn't work.
*A time chase would enhance the adventure nicely - perhaps even to lead the PCs to the finale.
*Use of Comic Sans as the ultimate villain vector is genius.
L.J.Steele is offline   Reply With Quote