View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 01:04 PM   #10
Skarg

Default Re: Charging and Trampling vs. Pole Weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
The RAW outcome of getting bowled over or engaged in HTH by big foes is a good set of rules, in my opinion, for non pole weapons. And I would say a non-set pole weapon should suffer the same fate. But if a pole weapon is set vs. charge, then it is counter intuitive to use anything other than the pike rules. As far as I can tell, everyone here agrees with that (don't they?). If so, then I really don't understand why you would make yourself play with what feels like a bad ruling.
I think most people probably mostly agree, and I also think most people don't know, forget, avoid, and/or almost never get around to using the pike and/or mounted combat rules. I think many also don't know of forget the Push and Trample rules, and/or forget about using them when they are moving an NPC multi-hex figure.

I expect the differences might be in what we think about the details of how it should work, e.g.:
* Which weapons should get an attack before being pushed (someone said no javelins, some might want to include hand weapons...)?
* Should it require "set versus charge" or not, and what does that specifically mean (only polearms who didn't move a hex?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
What happens when a slime moves into your hex?

If you use my one rule for trampling, HTH and slimes then it's all the same procedure. Slimes are unlikely to be stopped by a single hit so hop out of the way and hope you don't roll a 12 or more than your DX on two dice.
This is interesting and I like your attempt to improve HTH attempts, but I think the discussion belongs in its own thread in the House Rules subforum.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote