View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 11:25 AM   #1181
WaterAndWindSpirit

Default Re: List Of your favorite Custom Perks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
This sounds more like a Quirk than a Perk. It gives the character a better chance of being put in a compromising position. You may be convinced it's for your benefit going in, but once you're hypnotized I don't see how it couldn't be turned around to work against you.

Resistance to Hypnotism would be a better Perk, IMO.
I've been under enough times to know how it works. A simple recording is enough to make me fall asleep even in the middle of an insomnia episode, but try to make me do something I oppose and it just instantly ends the trance. Has happened a few times when I was experimenting with audio files. Realistic Hypnotism is more limited than people believe. The real horror stories I've heard happened when people in difficult situations were abused by therapists or cults, and you don't need Hypnotism for that. At it's worst, realistic hypnotism could allow you a heavily penalized roll on Fast-Talk to convince someone to do something harmful, or a Complimentary Skill to Brainwashing, in both cases only if you have your victim's trust beforehand.

Now if we were talking cinematic Hypnotism... Resistance would be a full on advantage. I've read enough stories to know the difference between the cinematic Hypnotism in them and realistic Hypnotism.
WaterAndWindSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote