View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 11:39 PM   #4
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: The "B" Campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg View Post
These days, I try to follow the Alexandrians advice not to prep plots. This has worked very well so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
That's how I've been running things for a long time. Even if I have an "adventure" for the PCs, I don't know how it will come out; I just present the initial situation. I often feel like Gromit riding the toy train, and frantically laying down railroad track just in front of where the train happens to go. . . .
I'm not quite as hectic as Bill here, but, yeah. I usually start out with an idea, present it to my players, and watch the carnage. When I have an adventure in mind, I just gently suggest it to them, knowing I can use it anywhere I need to in the future.

If you trust your players, you can have their help in making your game world as you go.

On the other hand, we've played with people who have had their specific world and game and they were sticking to their plot no matter what! It didn't work out well for them. We're a friendly group, but, it's a lot like herding childre--CATS! Or "the avalanche has already started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote."
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote