View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 01:20 PM   #37
DSumner

Default Re: Ogre Minis Revision Issue: Mark VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladue
A 16 missile initial volley??? If this beast was buildable, it would have crushed anything in it's path. I think this is just *too* big a step up from the Mark VI. 6 racks and 4 to 6 external missiles would be more in line.
As it stands now, the Mk. VII is described as being designed as an "Ogre destroyer", with the ability to launch 12 missiles at a pop. Plus it carries it carries missile reloads, and a drone to load them. But, I can see your point, and my version may need to be downgraded a tad. How about 6 external missiles, 6 Missile Racks, and 24 internal missiles?

Another possibility I considered is that instead of having a drone reload the external missiles, it's equipped with a mechanical arm, similar to the one carried on a Vulcan, that would allow to reload its own missiles, from quick change storage pods. Sound feasible?

Quote:
I still think the secondaries are wasted on a tank this slow.
How about letting the Mk. VII's secondaries fire at the same range as its MB? Something similar to the Nihon SB.

Quote:
On the other hand, the PD's are intriguing.
Thanks, anyone want to take a shot at playtesting them? I'd like to see how they fair.

"Death is certain, life is not."

"No one assails me without punishment"
DSumner is offline   Reply With Quote