Thread: Powerstones
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 04:21 PM   #77
hal

Default Re: Powerstones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
How much does one of these elixers cost? I'd think it would be pretty expensive, though I don't have my books with me to check.
$1300 to $2300 - or, for a TL 3 campaign, roughly 2 month's income for a status zero worker.

Contrast this with the Healing potion, which, when consumed by a person who has no injuries, but has fatigue loss - will replace 1d6 fatigue. All for the low low price of $120 to $250.

In any event - the argument that it is a good idea to utilize the recharge powerstone spell as written, is just begging for the player character to quirk their stone. Getting a Bless spell placed on a character will cost money unless you have a pet Holy-man or a pet Mage with Bless. Per the spell itself, it may not be cast upon an individual casting it upon himself, but must be cast by another onto the subject of the bless spell. Either way, it will be an expensive proposition.

In a nutshell, Recharge Powerstone is really only relatively safe for a mage who happens to know the spell at 15+, and has the luck advantage to deal with the need to re-roll any failures or crit-failures. Only mages with a High Skill in charge powerstone will be wise to try to recharge powerstones for use in campaign play - absent the luck or reroll capabilities, and our hypothetical mage is playing with fire.

https://www.worldanvil.com/w/scourge-of-shards-schpdx

Go to bottom of page to see lectures 1-11
hal is offline   Reply With Quote