View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 11:03 PM   #400
Gurps Fan

Default Re: 50-point Abilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreyu_Hibiki
"Conceptually similar abilities" are perfectly welcome in this thread... after all, "hurts the other guy" is the conceptual basis for a lot of the submissions, and I've gone to the sample Powers for ideas a time or two. (There was an entry on a forgetfulness ability that clued me in to how to build the neuralyzer, for one...)
Sorry for the gaffe, I withdraw the comment.

As compensation, here are 25-pointers conceptually identical to 3e Ultra-Tech 2 nanotechnologies:

Guardian Nano Injector (-80%/+150%): Impaling Attack 1 point (Limited Use, 1 use, Slow Reload, -35%; No Blunt Trauma, -20%; No Signature, +20%; No Wounding, -50%; Melee Attack, Reach C, Cannot Parry, -35%) [1] + Affliction 1 (HT; Advantage, Resistant to Nanite-Command Attacks (+8), +80%; Extetded Duration, Permanent, Until a month after the injection, +150%; Follow-Up, Impaling Attack, -70%; Nanite Command, -10%) [25]. Notes: A built-in injector that grants the target "guardian nano". It makes the target far more resistant to physiological attacks by nanomachines (no effect against purely physical attacks like disassemblers). Remains effective for a month or until removed with appropriate countermeasures. 26 points.

Shrike Nano Injection Gun (+95%/+113%): Impaling Attack 1 point (Armor Divisor 10, +200%; Limited Use, 1 use, Slow Reload, -35%; No Blunt Trauma, -20%; No Wounding, -50%) [4] + Affliction 1 (HT; Extetded Duration, Permanent, +150%; Follow-Up, Impaling Attack, -35%; Nanite Command, -10%; Negated Advantage, Resistant to Nanite-Command Attacks (+8), +8%) [22]. Notes: A built-in dart gun that injects "shrike nano" to the target. It suppress guardian nano or similar countermeasures, to force the victim's body to make way for other nanite intrusions. It is in effect until removed with appropriate medical/superscience treatment. 26 points.

Here I assume that "Nanite Command" (see Some Wierder origins, p. 182 of Powers) is assumed to be a power that fall under the source Superscience. "Nanite Command, -10%" is a power modifier belongs to Superscience and "Nanite-Command Attacks" is treated as a Common category for Resistant.
Gurps Fan is offline   Reply With Quote