View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
Gidoza

Default Re: Stealing Carried/Used Items

My point is that with some of the lucky rolls that I personally get with Thief (and I DO get lucky rolls), it is precisely the Thief that ends up being the one who has the ONLY chance to win! My opponents have nothing - I've stolen everything - and only lost 1 or 2 levels out of it at times, because I can just recycle items that I have just stolen. It would be a different matter if I could only discard cards from my hand, then it would have a limit. As for your point about people not trying their hardest to win...that's exactly what I'm doing/others are doing, which is why we steal, which is why the opponents have no items, which is why the thieves win. This is my experience, anyways. Curse cards/annihilation are used on Thieves at the first opportunity, but the proportion of lose class/annihilation cards to Thief cards is such that this is usually far too late.

And, it doesn't matter how you describe the situation: You simply *cannot* rationalize a "mugging" of a person's armor while that person is wearing it! If a thief can steal something that I'm literally wearing, that ought to take two cards or two level's worth, since I wouldn't waste my time just whacking him: if he's not stealthy, I grab him and beat him to a pulp, take all his items, then he can tell me about "Thievery."
Gidoza is offline   Reply With Quote