View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
Gidoza

Default Stealing Carried/Used Items

I wanted to clarify something about the Thief's ability to steal, because I get the feeling we may have been playing incorrectly with it all this time.

The ability essentially says that a Thief can steal a small item that is carried by another player. Now, all items on the player board are "carried," but some are "carried" but not "used." Is there a distinction here for the Thief's steal?

To put it simply, it would realistically make no sense for me to steal someone's Armor while the person is wearing it, meaning that I'd have the option of stealing things that are either A. unequipped weapons/armor, or B. potions and the like. Is this correct?

(The question came up when all of us observed that Thieves run away with the game too often...as soon as someone is about to win, any Thief that's around steals as much stuff as he wants - potentially from everyone - and the worst that happens to him is that he goes down to Level 1. With lucky rolls, a Thief can totally disarm every other player in the game, and if none of us have Annihilation/Lose Your Class cards on us, there's nothing whatsoever we can do about it. This seems a tad on the strong side.)
Gidoza is offline   Reply With Quote