View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 07:45 AM   #19
Phil Masters

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy 7: Attack of the Healbots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
And dark ones and elder spawn are not PC races? Why couldn't they worship their ancestors?
I'm sure that some of them do. So do some humans. (Hmm. Making definitive assumptions about the nature of reality in a Dungeon Fantasy universe. I may need to take a break.) It's just that those worshippers don't make very good Dungeon Fantasy PCs. They're too busy, y'know, gibbering and capering and slashing themselves with slime-drenched daggers and plotting to send the universe spinning down into a pit of madness.

Plays havoc with the hiring of the hirelings and the choosing of the polearms and the testing of the walls for secret doors and the selling of the loot and the general dungeoneering of the dungeons. It's very much an NPC lifestyle. And any rational behaviour should be punished with a rolled-up newspaper and a deprivation of experience points. Which distracts GMs tragically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
If it was on the list, I would not object (and it's going to get houseruled in once I decide what PI level to assign it (surely 5+) and what spell to replace with it
Oh yeah, I didn't give that one to any clerics. Somehow, it felt more like a wizard thing. Priests of fire do straight-down-the-line fire things, rather than messing with flesh-and-blood-and-death stuff. But you're welcome to drop it in somewhere.

And don't worry about replacing any other spell. Nobody has a fixed quota.
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote