View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #61
revshafer

Default Re: GURPS PDFs: What e-Book/e-reader?

I have an iPad and use Goodreader. Got all kinds of GURPS stuff on it, and more on my laptop that I can transfer files to and from at times. There are some very few files that I have had problems with, but SJGames is great for releasing files that are clear to read and easy to cut and paste from.

My only problem is that it is harder to do lookups quickly on an electronic device. You can open a book and flip pages. That is much harder to do on an electronic device. Maps for adventures are also much harder to use. I like having a map to one side that I can look at, while I am reading the descriptions on the other side. When someone figures out how to do a good adventure, with nice maps, in a useable electronic format...they'll have me. I'd like to see something where you have a map, and you can tap on locations to read the descriptions.

The iPad is what I have been waiting for to look at all of these pdfs. Printing out all of these files is a pain, and carrying a bunch of hardbacks onto the ship is even more of a pain. I like what I got!
revshafer is offline   Reply With Quote